Monday 11 February 2013

Documentary Photography

The brief this week was to produce an image or images, whose primary purpose is to make a personal, social or cultural comment based on a range of issues. I decided to go for the issue of 'disability', seeing as it's something that is very close to home for me and my family. Due to having had back surgery twice, me not being able to walk properly or at all is a regular occurrence in our house. Therefore, I decided to take the following photograph to make my personal comment.

Through the eyes of a disabled
On a weekly, sometimes even daily basis, this is the issue I have. How to get down the stairs? A very easy thing for most, not so much for me. And I think it is a disgrace that I am stuck upstairs, sometimes for days on end, while the housing association deems it more important to preserve the house rather than to give someone access to a normal life by installing a stair lift. And that's my personal comment.

1 comment:

  1. Jasper, this is such a powerful image. Thank you for shareing your experiences and truly understanding the purpose of documentary photography.

    ReplyDelete